Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Salma Hayek Jiménez (born September 2, 1966) is an Academy Award-, Golden Globe- and Emmy-nominated Lebanese-American actress, Daytime Emmy-winning director, and an Emmy-nominated TV and film producer. Hayek has appeared in more than thirty films and performed as an actress outside of Hollywood in Mexico and Spain. Hayek's charitable work includes increasing awareness on violence against women and discrimination against immigrants.
In July 2007, The Hollywood Reporter ranked Hayek fourth in their inaugural Latino Power 50, a list of the most powerful members of the Hollywood Latino community. That same month a poll found Hayek to be the "sexiest celebrity" out of a field of 3,000 celebrities (male and female); according to the poll, "65 percent of the U.S. population would use the term 'sexy' to describe" her.
Cool Slideshows @ slides.humourbox.info
Jenna Jameson (born Jenna Marie Massoli on April 9, 1974) is an American pornographic actress and entrepreneur who has been called the world's most famous porn star and "The Queen of Porn". She started acting in erotic films in 1993 after having worked as a stripper and glamour model. By 1996, she had won the three top newcomer awards from pornographic film industry organizations. She has since won more than 20 adult film awards, and has been inducted into both the X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO) and Adult Video News (AVN) Halls of Fame.
Jameson founded pornographic entertainment company ClubJenna in 2000, with Jay Grdina, whom she later married. This business was initially an individual website, which expanded into managing similar websites of other stars and began producing pornographic films in 2001. The first such film, Briana Loves Jenna (with Briana Banks), was named at the 2003 AVN Awards as the best-selling and best-renting pornographic title for 2002. By 2005, Club Jenna had revenues of US$30 million with profits estimated at half that. Advertisements for her site and films, often bearing her picture, tower on a forty-eight-foot-tall billboard in New York City's Times Square. Playboy TV hosts her Jenna's American Sex Star reality show where aspiring porn stars compete for a Club Jenna contract.
Watch Cool Videos @ videos.humourbox.info
Sunday, January 13, 2008
It must be a real nice day for Britney and Adnan today, lounging at Britney's mansion in the Hollywood Hills ... and then making a pit stop at the Mercedes-Benz dealership in the valley. Is that Adnan's new gold Benz???
Apparently, Brit has bought her new boyfriend, paparazzo Adnan Ghalib, a brand new Mercedes Benz SUV. That's gotta be nice!!!
Oh yeah ... Sam Lufti is back in the picture, too. We're not sure what his role will be now that Adnan is the main squeeze now.
The Best Videos @ videos.humourbox.info
Thursday, January 3, 2008
f you want to know how good Taare is, just go to your nearest theater and watch the people coming out after the show. The cacophony that surrounds a crowd exiting a theater will be missing. Some would be walking in slow motion. Some would look petrified. At least that's what happened in the theater I went to. Not a single soul was talking after the movie, probably because what everyone saw on screen was not fiction, but a semi-biography of his/her own life. In fact, the normally rowdiest gang in a theatre (ie my friends and I) that is uber vocal at the end of a film left the theater in pin drop silence. The first thing we said to each other - 'Aamir Bhai has done it again.'
Indeed, Aamir Khan had done it again. I have a gut feeling that Taare would change people like no other movie has previously done.
I know only Aamir can make a film like Taare. But let us assume he did not make it (dream on!). What would the film have been like?
If Karan Johar made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- Shah Rukh Khan as the arts teacher (duh duh duh!!).
- Aryan Khan as the dyslexic child (even if he could not act for nuts).
- Rani Mukerjee as the kid's mom (assuming Kajol is unavailable).
- Abhishek Bachchan as the kid's dad.
- Amitabh Bachchan as the school principal (who cares if the role is ultra minute, he can afford it).
- It would be shot in New York to appeal to the NRI audience.
- The story line would obviously be different. SRK would fall for the dyslexic kid's mom. The last scene would have the mom running to the teacher rather than the kid. And again, like in so many other movies, SRK would get someone else's girl.
- It would have one dance number.
- The film would be titled 'Kuch Taare Zameen Par.'
If Sanjay Leela Bhansali made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- Salman as the teacher.
- Rani as the mother.
- Of course the whole film would be shot on elaborate sets. The school would be nothing short of Harvard university.
- An orchestra would play every time anyone cried.
- Slow motion, different camera angles for every scene.
- The school uniforms would match the classroom walls even though that does not make a f***ing difference.
- The film would cost 60 crores.
If Farah Khan made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- SRK as the teacher (yawn).
- In the original Taare, Aamir makes an entry at the interval point. In Farah's version, SRK would be on screen on for 2.30 hrs out of the 2.45 hrs and would be introduced in the first scene itself.
- The story would be changed to make sure the above happened. The focus of the film would be a teacher who helps a kid fight dyslexia.
- To make it a complete entertainer, there would be a romantic angle, comedy, and action thrown in. Oh idea!! Nikumbh's character likes another teacher and the kiddo helps him.. throw in some comedy moments there and you have romance and comedy settled. For action.. hmm.. lemme see.. oh yah, the kid gets kidnapped and the teacher fights the baddies to save him. Wow!! I'm quite an imaginative writer. I can see how Farah can write a film from scratch in two weeks straight.
- The film posters would have a big SRK with the tiny image of the kid in the background.
If Rakesh Roshan made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- Hrithik Roshan as the teacher.
- Since Rakesh Roshan cannot think beyond science fiction these days, this film would have that too. Instead of dyslexia, the kid would have alienositis or something, a condition induced due to him witnessing an alien abduction.
- Instead of Nikumbh being an arts teacher, he would be a physics teacher, and instead of asking kids to be creative, he would ask them to challenge the science we know.
- In the scene where Nikumbh asks the kids to open their minds and make whatever they want outdoors, the kid Ishaan, instead of making a boat, would end up making a working spaceship prototype.
- Nikumbh would cure the kids problem by making a full fledged version of the kid's prototype, traveling to the alien planet, and asking them to give the kid his powers back.
- The film would have music by Rajesh Roshan ripped off from some world music.
- The film's name would again start with a K.. probably 'Kuch Aliens Taaron se Zameen Par'.
- The director would make sure Hrithik gets to show all his abilities. This would mean a scene with Roshan jr flexing his muscles, and a dance competition in the end, instead of an arts competition.
If Priyadarshan made Taare:
- Obvious starcast:
- Akshay Kumar as the teacher.
- Paresh Rawal as the kid's dad.
- It would be a brainless comedy. The kid's dyslexia would be made fun of. Half the times the parents will be running after the kid from one room to the other and that, in the director's opinion, would be funny.
- The film will be full of sex jokes. So for example, when Akshay would come to the parents telling them that their son has dyslexia, the ignorant father would say something inappropriate like 'iss umar mein? par kaise, woh to hamesha boys school mein padha hai!'. And yes, the director would think it is funny.
- In the climax of the film all the characters in the film would run around in the amphitheater for no reason, spilling colors on each other. That's where the film will end, without any logical conclusion.
- And of course, Paresh Rawal would emote like an epileptic himself making us question the boy's mental abilities anyway.
I know there are a lot of other directors, but I choose these guys because I feel they are the most gutless or overrated directors we have today. They keep doing the same shit again and again and more often than not depend on the stars to carry a shitty film forward. They have no courage to try something non-nonsense, something that can use the medium of cinema for a little more than just entertainment, in spite of being the most sought after directors in the country
The reason I am making this comparison at all is to show how Aamir (and Amol Gupte) has made a pure film, without giving into the temptation of masala or 'what would the audience like to see' philosophy; for giving chance to fantastic yet unknown actors like Vipin Sharma and Tisca Chopra (I love Tisca); for riding against the tide; for not trying to hog the limelight in the film by happily playing second fiddle to the boy (even Aamir Khan's name comes after Darsheel Sarfi, the boy, in the credits); for giving the audience something different once again as an entertainer; and for truly caring about the society and using the medium to bring a change.
I remember earlier this year SRK made a statement: 'films are for entertainment; messages are for post offices.' Well Aamir Khan has proved that cinema is probably the best medium for giving a message and I can say that looking at the face of every person in the cinema hall. Not only that, he has proved (yet again!) that a message can be entertaining.
Behold bollywood bigshots, Aamir the director has arrived. With just one film, he has set the bar higher than most of you can only dream of reaching.
The Best & The Coolest Videos @ videos.humourbox.info